Pages

1/28/12

The Goal of Christianity

 Tomorrow I am preaching.  I plan to begin my lesson with this video.





In another video Todd Hunter (the preacher shown in this video) says,

For most of my life we’ve asked this question, ‘If you died tonight, do you know where you’d go?”  But I think this is a way more interesting question, “What if you knew you were going to live tomorrow?  What if you knew you were going to live next week and next year and decades longer?  What would you do with your life?”

I totally agree with this.  For so long our focus has been on heaven and after we die.  But Christianity has so much to say about life here on earth.

This year the theme for Winterfest is 12.  The idea behind the theme is the 12 spiritual disciplines taken from Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster.  Discipline has so much to say about the importance of life here on earth.  We want to live for today.  So we pray and fast and study because we believe the present time is important.  I thought it would be fitting to use 12 as my sermon title and use Romans 12 as my text.  Our goal is to be a living sacrifice.  The goal of a christian is transformation not escape.

Check back in a couple of days and I should have my sermon available at cvcfamily.com/sermons.

1 comment:

  1. good discussion on transformation vs destination and which gets the pub in the pew.

    ReplyDelete